Alright. So the path we are going to take on guns moving forward is that personal carried weapons are soft banned.
The reasoning I am going to use for this will be in world rather than arbitrary meta.
A series of laws exists, passed by the Empress of M’Kal generations ago that is still in effect. The transport or possession of Smokepowder within any settlement is illegal due to the safety concerns that come with it.
1. Possession of of Smokepowder within a settlement, or three hundred feet of a settlement results in a fine of 30gp per pound of the material and includes amounts less than a pound. Additionally the material is immediately confiscated and disposed of in the most rapid, safe, and permanent means possible.
2. Ships carrying smokepowder for any reason, including their own weapons are barred from entering port and must remain at least 300 feet from the path of travel needed for other, safer ships, to enter and exit port. Additionally when anchored near port they will fly a black flag with a white upwards pointing triangle at it’s center to warn other ships to maintain a safe distance.
3. Airships or flying vehicles carrying similar weapons or cargo are banned from any docking facility and may land outside of the 300 foot radius and travel by foot or wagon to the settlements you wish to interact with.
4. Any fortifications wishing to use smokepowder or similar weapons for their defense must be outside of the 300 foot radius of any settlement, and 300 foot from any trade route that passes by.
5. Any accidents that do occur as a result of the unstable and volatile nature of Smokepowder, due to Smokepower being transported within a settlement will lead to fines and prosecution being leveled upon the individual that was transporting the material regardless of the initiating cause of the accident. In the event of such an accident the normal fines related to the transport of smoke powder, property damage, and loss of life will be tripled. Additionally charges of contraband and piracy will be added. Other individuals involved in the accident will not be subjected to this law unless they can be proven they were aware of the presence of Smokepowder and provoked the accident intentionally.